The Upper Snake River Basin (USRB) Local Sage-Grouse Working Group will hold their next meeting from 1:00 – 3:00 PM, Tuesday, February 14, 2017, at the Jackson Game and Fish Department office.
Agenda items for the meeting will include:
1. Report from the Teton County Weed and Pest (TCW&P) District on sage-grouse habitat work in the Gros Ventre drainage to control weeds with partial funding from the working group. Funding support for 2017 to the TCW&P District for additional work will be discussed following the presentation.
2. Report on progress by Jackson Hole Airport/National Park Service to implement the Wildlife Hazard Plan affecting sage-grouse at the Jackson Hole Airport.
3. Report on winter locations of GPS collared sage-grouse trapped at the Spread Creek lek.
4. Winter sage-grouse census in Jackson Hole and Gros Ventre drainage.
5. Potential funding for sage-grouse work from Teton County Conservation District.
The public is invited to attend the meeting and a public participation period will be scheduled. For additional meeting details you may contact Joe Bohne at 307-654-7865.
The group is one of eight local working groups that were formed across the state. The group comprises local citizens representing groups interested in sage-grouse conservation. The role of the group is to develop and set in motion local conservation plans to benefit sage-grouse and, whenever feasible, other species that use sagebrush habitats. More information on sage-grouse, the local working groups, and their management plans can be found on the Wyoming Game & Fish website at https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Habitat/Sage-Grouse-Management.